On Wednesday, July 20th, the Alabama Concrete Industries Association hosted its annual Parking Lot Design seminar at Sain Associates in Birmingham. The workshop had more than 30 attendees and provided 2 CEU/PDH credit hours.
Amanda Hult, P.E., NRMCA was the guest speaker. She joined NRMCA in July 2011 and recently moved back to the South after spending the last 5 years in Denver. Amanda provides technical expertise and education to the ready mixed concrete industry and its customers to advance the applications and use of ready mixed concrete for streets, local roads and parking areas, including conventional concrete, concrete overlays and pervious concrete.
Prior to joining NRMCA, Ms. Hult was actively involved in promoting concrete pavements in Florida with CEMEX USA. She has held meetings with municipalities, water management districts and design teams to discuss the benefits of pervious and conventional concrete.
• Pavement Design – pavement stresses, traffic loads, subgrade, subbase considerations, concrete thickness selection, joint layout, and special details
• Construction – subgrade preparation, placing and finishing, curing and protecting
• Concrete Materials – specifying strength, air content, use of admixtures and supplementary cementitious materials,durability requirements
• Testing – proper testing of subgrade and concrete materials.
• NRMCA CPA Software – provides initial cost and life cycle cost analysis on concrete versus asphalt parking lot construction.