This is a two day program that will consist of classroom review the first day and a written test and hands on performance test on day two.
Scope and Knowledge
The program requires a working knowledge of the following AASHTO/ASTM Standards:
* T2 / D75 – Sampling Aggregates
* T248 / C702 – Reducing Samples of Aggregate to Testing Size
* T11 / C117 – Materials Finer Than 75-μm (No. 200) Sieve in Mineral
Aggregates by Washing
* T27 / C136 – Sieve Analysis of Fine and Coarse Aggregates
* T85 / C127 – Specific Gravity and Absorption of Coarse Aggregate
* T84 / C128 – Specific Gravity and Absorption of Fine Aggregate
* T255 / C566 – Total Moisture Content of Aggregate by Drying
* T21 / C40 – Organic Impurities in Fine Aggregate for Concrete
|8:00am – 4:00pm||Classroom Review|
|8:00am – 5:00pm||Written Test|
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who meet both of the following requirements:
- A passing grade on the ACI written examination; and
- Successful completion of the ACI performance examination.
The two-hour written examination is “open book” and consists of approximately 100 multiple choice questions. There are 8 to 12 questions on each of the Standards. To pass the written examination, both of the following conditions must be met: (a) at least 60% correct for each of the required standards; and (b) a minimum score of 70% overall. The performance examination is “closed book” and requires actual demonstration of the required Standards. The examinee is judged on his/her ability to correctly perform or describe all of the required procedures for each standard.
The manual for aggregate certification is the ACI Certification of Aggregate Testing Technician -Level 1 Manual.
What do you need for class?
Students will need to bring their book, pen and pencil, and calculator.